Neil Island, Andaman

Sunday 19 September 2010

Amsterdam

Trip: Luxembourg > Brussels > Amsterdam > Bruges > Fredrichshafen > Zermatt

The city of fantasies was beautiful as well. Canals criss-crossing a bustling landmass inspired long walks. The three of us were there for our own reasons. We were planning a night out and hence no hostel bookings were done.


We started with a good lunch at McDonalds. I was craving for beer but had to wait before the others would part on their search. We did that sooner than I was expecting and decided to meet at the internet cafe near the station at midnight.



I quickly took a stroll and settled at a bar close to a wide canal and ordered a large beer. Watching young people, mostly stunning dames, kept me occupied for a good couple of hours before I finished my glass. The coffee shops were almost everywhere and I decided to have another glass of beer there. To my surprise I realized that they sell anything but coffee or beer.


We walked through the city the whole night and even spent time at the platform. The city was alive till as late as 5 AM. The reason was of course the notorious red light district of Amsterdam which was abuzz even in the late hours of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment