Neil Island, Andaman

Thursday 8 December 2011

Patna

A campus recruitment trip to my home town proved to be another opportunity to revisit the golden memories of  childhood. I started with a walk to the Zoo just to remind how I used to run or cycle to this place every morning with bhaiya.


The Zoo was crowded for Tuesday morning which was unexpected. Watching closely I realized most of the crowd was couples who found the controlled wildness more suited than polluted high streets. Moving out quickly, I took an auto that took me directly to Gol Ghar. It is as representative to Patna as Jantar Mantar or Hawa Mahal is to Jaipur.


The view from top of Gol Ghar is worth mentioning. The spread of city along the banks of river Ganges is clearly visible. After taking few pics I descended and walked to Gandhi Maidan area which has most of the cineplexes and eating joints. There I took a bus to my school, walked a bit around and then moved to Station area.


My plan was to visit Patna Sahib but it was thwarted by the short winter day which meant it was dark after 5. Instead I settled for samosas and chandrakalas at my favourite joints near the station.

1 comment:

  1. On the contrary few things that I noticed on this visit was on a sad side. Buildings are coming up on the bank of Ganges which was once used to be folded during rain and I remember the sand bags that used to prevent the flood. A mall right across NDA. I did not recognize the road that we used to cross twice daily.
    Building roads have moved people from villages to city. Patna is now so crowded. Even we have traffic jams for hrs !!! Hope things are changing for good.

    ReplyDelete